Sunday, August 31, 2008

July 20 Bagneres-de-Luchon Rest Day






















I started my day of rest attending the Roman Catholic Mass. It was in French of course and I understood 4 words I believe. No pun intended. They were; Hallelujah, resurrection, Adonai, and Amen!!!! What more do you need to understand. Afterwards I sat on a park bench watching the cyclists go by and the French buy there daily bread at the Boulangerie across the street. Man, the French take there "Daily Bread" seriously. "Give us THIS DAY our Daily Bread". An older woman just pedaled by on her bike with one pannier and a handlebar bag, out shopping. I´m trying to picture where I would see that in America. In the evening I discovered the Creperies had the Tour de France on TV so I planted myself at a table and enjoyed a buckwheat pancake stuffed with ham & cheese. Really good eats. Tomorrow Spain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment