Saturday, July 12, 2008

August 12 Florence to Trieste by Train, Trieste ITALY to Izola SLOVENIA











Man, I caught the train out of Florence at 4:35 A.M. I stayed up all night at the hostel so I wouldn't miss getting to the station on time. First, I watched Braveheart (in English) with a crowd of hostelers, then I used the computer to catch up on all the world news I've been missing. The world keeps twirling even when I go biking.

The Italian train system is pretty friendly to cyclists. Alot of the regional trains have a designated car for bikes. You must buy a bike pass, about $5.00 for the day, along with your ticket. I took the train from Florence (Firenze) to Bologna, then Bologna to Venice (Venezia), the Venice to Trieste.

HEY, THIS GREAT INTERNET CAFE IS CLOSING. AND I'M GETTING THE BOOT. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment