Friday, August 1, 2008

August 2 Bedoin to Die 128 K

Today was a fabulous day of cycling, transitioning from the southern Alps to the northern Alps, from Provence to the High Alps. My first lavender fields were sighted and photographed. And I met a wonderful family from Grenoble that I shared lunchtime with at the top of the Col de Edy. Hello to Thomas and Clare and their two beutiful children. We had a fun conversation, thanks to Thomas speaking very good English. He is a cyclist and we talked about all the famous TDF climbs and much more. I also climbed the Col de ????. It was another scorching hot today so I took an ice cream break in La Motte ??? at an internet cafe I didn't use the internet. Crazy, they want from $7 to $13 an hour for internet in this region. I made it to Die (pronounced Dee) in time for a grocery store stop. The campsite was nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment