Thursday, August 21, 2008

July 25 Girona SPAIN Rest Day




Actually I haven´t rested at all yet. I´ve been up until 4:00 A.M. updating this here blog for your viewing and reading pleasure. It is not often I have access to a computer that is friendly to my camera and basically free. The hostel I´m staying at has 2 computers and I´m free to stay up and use one of them. Hey, you all gotta go back as far as July 15th and catch all the photos I´ve added, including the Col du Tourmalet. I think I added about 40 photos. Tomorrow I will update July 14th, the day of the Tour de France on Hautacam. And please, please, email me at cyclingsimmons@gmail.com . I´d love to hear from you. PART 2: I did the walking tour of Girona´s Old Town including the Wall around half the old town : ) , the Jewish Quarter, the Arab Section, and the Cathedral where I think I walked into an ordination service. Very few people were out this morning because of the holiday of St James. Most everything was closed. While blogging I met Catherine and Andrea from Montreal (photo). How nice to have a conversation in English. God really knew what he was doing back at Babel when he wanted to confuse the languages. So it was nice to have a conversation. Don´t get me wrong, I do often speak with people, but it´s hardly a conversation. It´s phrases with sign-language and a little, what do you call that game, you know....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dad! Love the photos and the stories. I have to admit I'm a little jealous of your romping around Europe, seeing everything so close up. Anyway, Keep up the great blog work! Love you, miss you!
    Vange

    ReplyDelete