Saturday, August 23, 2008

July 24 Olot SPAIN to Girona SPAIN 62 K / 38 Miles







Today was, you guessed it, another beautiful day. Perfectly blue skies and warm. Today I was rewarded for all my climbing efforts the past 3 days with a mostly downhill run to Girona. I am approaching the Mediterranean Sea from the high mountains so it should be down, right? I´ve planted myself at the International Youth Hostel in the Old Town part of Girona. Tomorrow I´ll be like any other tourist and stroll the famous old streets, and walk the old town wall. It just happens that tomorrow, Friday July 25 (one month since I cycled away from London), is a big holiday in Spain. It is Saint James Day and everything is closed. I hope Bocatto is open. Spains version of Burger King. But I doubt it. Oh, by the way, there has been another sighting of Inspector Couseau. In his search for the slippery Pink Panther, he has disquised his car!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment